When I was little my mom always made us homemade play-dough. She started making it again once Morris and my niece were old enough to play with it (and not eat it… although its totally edible, just very salty!) When Morris started school this year I signed up to be part of the play-dough club to make play-dough for his class. Having never tried to make it before myself I grabbed my mom’s recipe and made it with ease.
Homemade Play-dough Recipe
1. Mix the following dry ingredients in a pot
-1 cup flour
-1/2 cup salt
-2 tsp cream of tartar
2. Mix the following wet ingredients in separate bowl
-1 cup water
-2 tbsp cooking oil
-a couple drops of food colouring of your choice
3. Add the wet ingredient mixture to the pot and stir
4. Cook over medium heat while stirring for about 5 minutes, until the play-dough starts to form and easily come off of the sides of the pot.
5. Transfer play-dough to a floured surface and knead until it forms a ball
(keep it in a container in the fridge)